Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In memoriam: Marvin Andrew Keller, Oct. 29, 1920 - May 17, 2010, my Grandfather.

Official Photograph by US Army Air Corps 1944


It has been a rocky road for the past few weeks with the death of my Grandfather, Marvin Andrew Keller; Oct. 29, 1920 - May 17, 2010.
With family in town for his Military funeral service and several days of mourning, peace has now been found with his passing and life within the photography studio is flourishing once again. Blogs will be back to the regular weekly posts and I thank you for your continuing support in following the studio blog.
Today I want to share a few great images from my Grandfathers life. I came across many old photographs from his estate and it once again reminds me of how important my job as a portrait photographer is. Now that he is gone I have all these amazing memories from his life preserved through photographs. I also realized the importance of labeling photos with dates and names and printing to actual photographs! I have many amazing photographs that need to be labeled and some of the images, sadly, no one remembers who they are. But looking through these photos have brought me peace with his recent passing and I treasure and hold close to my heart his old photographs.
All of this is a great reminder that digital files need to be printed out! The digital world moves so fast and compatibility changes rapidly. Old files from zip drives and floppy discs can no longer be read. VHS tapes now need to be transfer to DVD at high costs. Digital files may become corrupted over time and DVDs and CDs become scratched and unreadable. Who knows what type of digital changes are to come that will make other current backup devices dinosaurs. Photos that are printed can always be looked at and handed down thru the generations. So please don't lose your digital photos and memories to scratched discs, corrupted files, or outdated media types, PRINT THEM!! (Then label the photos with dates and names)

These are just a few images from my Grandfathers life, more to come in the upcoming months as I scan some of these amazing photos!

Marvin and Marjory standing on the bumper of a new VW at the Sand Dunes 1938
Marvin and Marjory on their wedding day! Sept 6th, 1942
Marv and Marg, year unknown
Marv and Marg at Irwin Keller's Bar Mitzvah, 1973

The baby here is Audrey and toddler brother Ben, 1975
Audrey and Grandpa Marvin, May 2005

More photos to come and comments always appreciated.
Thank you for sharing in the memory of late Marvin Keller's life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting these. It was great looking through all the photo memories with you, Wendy, Ben, Mindy, Ken & Candy. I am sure there were many photos you had never seen before. Thanks again.

Norm

Followers